Tuesday, February 19, 2002

 
One of the best shows on television -- my favourite pastime these days -- is Kamzor Kadi Kaun.
Before you think I have lost my marbles, hear me out. I nominate it as the best unintentionally comic show.
On what other so-called "general knowledge quiz show" would you have a participant call Gorbachev the first president of USA (poor George!) and another place Kargil in Pakistan (was the war a waste of time then?)
The reasons for voting out people range from the ridiculous -- "Woh mujhe tassan de raha tha" (He has been spoiling for a fight) -- to the downright insensitive -- "Woh buddi hai" (She is very old).
The cribs by participants who have been voted out are a study in pettiness.
Watch it, if only to realise how ignorant we all are, and how petty, too.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?