Tuesday, January 29, 2002

 
I don't know why I did it. Must be one of my wacky whims.
After three years of being online -- more than eight hours a day, almost 365 days a year -- I paid for the first time for a piece of online content.

At 400 bucks odd (I got a discount for being a subscriber to Business Today), I thought 1440 editions a day of The Newspaper Today were well worth it...

But I am just wondering: What stops me from sharing my login and password with friends, colleagues... and well much of the world...
How will they stop that: Maybe they could disable multiple simulataneous logins? But that solves only part of the problem. Maybe they could place cookies, and restrict me to say three machines. How many people do you (counting out cybercafe users, who anyway wouldn't be a target audience since most of them just check mail, chat and log out) know who use more than three computers? Will they tie-in my ID with the amount of information I can access? I don't think so!
So how can online content people tackle this? Any ideas?
I can't think of any offhand, which is why I think general interest paid content won't fly...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?