Thursday, January 17, 2002

 
Here's more on my pet peeve these days: ICICI.

Finally, a representative landed up at my office. He was explaining to me the intricacies of how interest rates are affected. "They are based on profit and loss," he said. I was aghast. "Profit and loss? Whose?"
"You will get a separate sheet titled P/L along with your loan documents, which will give you a complete explanation," he said.
Realisation dawned. "Do you mean PLR (Prime Lending Rate)?" I asked. "Yeah, that also," he said. I left it at that.
A couple of hours later, I got a call from another ICICI executive, wondering whether I had enquired about a housing loan. I told her a representative had already visited me. She wanted to know the name of the executive. I had half a mind to tell her that it was their job to track where their executives go (a classic case of the right elbow not knowing what the right wrist is doing). But I just let that pass too. Why bother!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?