Thursday, December 13, 2001

 
In my drinking days -- and I have been sober for eight years now -- a bottle of rum would get me either a pack of cards with semi-nude women printed on them, or a glass or a bottle opener or a key chain.
Last week a friend informed me that he received -- hold your breath -- a packet of atta with his daily poison!!!
I also read this snippet of information in India Today about how wine sellers all over the country are trying innovative sales pitches to sell their wares. Anything from eggs to rice to kitchen utility items these days come gratis with liquor.
The idea being that it would stop the significant other from objecting too strongly to her husband's indulgence.
Stereotyping at its worst? Or just innovative ways to sell liquor?
And, what next? A pack of huggies with a kambha of DSP?




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?