Saturday, December 15, 2001

 
I noticed a strange disagreement.
Two of India's leading newsmagazines, Outlook and India Today just can't seem to agree on the state of the Indian economy.
India Today, in its December 10 issue, attempts to call the government's bluff on claims of the economy being on the mend. Its conclusion after busting several myths: We are heading for recession.
Outlook, in its latest cover story, on the other hand thinks the economy is one of the fastest growing in the world. It feels the vital signs are extremely healthy and concludes that things can only get better.
Considering that my expenses have shot up considerably in the last few months without any corresponding rise in my income, I think I lean more towards India Today's argument.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?