Sunday, November 25, 2001

 
I have been listening to a lot of music these past few days. I have been boogeying to African music, learning the intricacies of Western Classical, trying to get a grasp of Indipop, and sleeping to some old Hindi classics.

I have not suddenly fallen in love with music. It's just that I won a Panasonic Worldspace Satellite Radio Receiver, in a Diwali lucky draw at Planet M, in Andheri.

The little gizmo is a cornucopia of crystal-clear music.

Setting it up was a tedious process though. The dish antenna that came with it had to face 130 degrees SE, and need to have an elevation of 45 degrees. The dish antenna had to at all times have line of sight with the geo-stationary satellite that was sending those bursts of music.

When the first strains began emanating out of the set, I was grinning from ear to ear like a proud mama who's new born had just gurgled some unintelligble sounds.

Now I just can't stop listening to it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?